Emergency alert delivery
1. Delivers emergency alerts
Emails are sent to key company contacts and your designated first responder.
2. Sends alerts 24/7
Notifies your preferred response service to enable them to dispatch emergency medical assistance to the scene of the serious collision or rollover incident.
3. Driver assurance
Drivers can be confident that in the event of a serious collision or rollover incident, relevant authorities are alerted, and help dispatched thereafter.
How the EROAD CaRA Solution Works
- When starting the engine, the CaRA unit is designed to send an automatic signal to the cloud-based MyEROAD system. This signal is called the ‘heartbeat’ which, if received by MyEROAD, indicates the CaRA unit is functioning. If the heartbeat is not received during ignition-on, the customer is automatically notified of the fault through messaging in MyEROAD and EROAD will investigate;
- During the trip, should the vehicle suffer a serious collision or rollover incident, an alert is triggered and sent to MyEROAD;
- The organisation’s key contact, such as its fleet manager, receives an alert showing the vehicle’s location and related telematics details;
- At the same time, the designated first responder automatically receives that same alert thus enabling them to dispatch help, as required.
Important information about the CaRA solution
- The EROAD CaRA Solution does not replace the need for you to ensure emergency services have been contacted directly in the event of a serious collision or rollover incident. It must not be relied on as a life saving device.
- The EROAD CaRA Solution may be unavailable at times due to maintenance, modifications, faults or outages of EROAD services or hardware.
The CaRA solution also depends on availability and proper performance of third-party services, systems and networks, such as mobile networks and email services, which are beyond the control of EROAD. For example, the EROAD CaRA Solution will not send an alert if:
- the cellular network is unavailable, whether due to a network outage or lack of coverage. Coverage details for Telstra are here: https://www.telstra.com.au/coverage-networks/our-coverage
- MyEROAD is unavailable due to a scheduled or unscheduled outage
- the collision force is less than 4G or the rollover is less than 60 degrees from the horizontal
- you have been advised previously of a heartbeat signal issue from MyEROAD
GPS vehicle tracking solutions provide invaluable insights and savings for your fleet. Learn more about 8 ways EROAD's award winning telematics solution …
Have you ever considered what you’d do if one of your fleet vehicles was involved in an accident or incident, or received …
EROAD Fleet Day is more than just a car show or a fleet management conference; it's an annual event bringing together transport …