EROAD’s electronic weight-mileage tax solution has received a favourable audit by Oregon Secretary of State’s Audit Division. The purpose of the comprehensive performance audit was to provide motor carriers and the Oregon Department of Transport (ODOT) with an independent assessment of the EROAD solution.
- EROAD electronic On-Board-Unit hardware and web-based services platform accurately and reliably captures and calculates Oregon weight-mile tax information from commercial motor carriers.
- System provides a secure and stable environment for transmitting, processing and storing motor carrier weight-mile tax information.
- System-generated reports contained all required WMT data elements, sufficiently captured motor carrier operations, and applied correct tax rates.
- EROAD data, reports and records were more reliable and accurate than the paper-based records compiled and filed by carriers.
- Automated system for capturing and preparing weight-mile tax reports could simplify motor carrier report monitoring, reduce costs of manual data entry, and decrease accidental non-compliance with the state’s weight-mile tax requirements.
Motor carrier feedback has been very positive and EROAD has established a marketing alliance with the Oregon Trucking Association. EROAD plans to start offering a commercial service for managing and reporting Oregon Highway Use Tax in early 2014.
“We are very excited about entering the Oregon market and I am confident the EROAD service will revolutionize the way motor carriers manage their Oregon WMT obligations,” said EROAD Inc. President, Brian Michie. “I would also like to thank the Oregon pilot carriers who participated; Debra Dunn, OTA President; and Gregg Dal Ponte and the MCTD team at ODOT.